Traditional Braces – Katy, TX
Correct Your Misaligned Teeth
If you have crooked teeth, you likely already know that the most attractive smiles are typically straight. But did you know that straight teeth are much easier to keep clean and healthy? Misalignment makes brushing and flossing more difficult and less effective, allowing plaque to build up in nooks and crannies throughout your mouth. Traditional braces are a time-tested way to correct this flaw, helping you have better oral health as well as a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
Why Choose The Dental People for Traditional Braces?
- Same-day urgent care available for ortho emergencies
- Skilled, qualified orthodontist
- Affordable financing available
How Braces Work
Traditional braces consist of small metal brackets that are bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth. A wire connecting all these brackets is secured with rubber bands and can be adjusted in its tightness and orientation to gently force your teeth to shift into the desired positions. Although traditional braces are securely fastened to your teeth, they are not indestructible. That’s why you need to avoid certain foods and make sure that you use the proper maintenance.
After you and Dr. Hoang (or one of our other skilled dentists) have decided that braces are the right treatment for you, we’ll follow this general process:
- We will take impressions of your teeth and create a personalized treatment plan.
- Then, we’ll attach the brackets to your teeth and put the wire in place. You’ll get to choose the color of rubber bands.
- When you have your braces placed, we will provide you with clear instructions for taking care of your braces and teeth so that you enjoy the best results and fewer problems during treatment.
- You will come in to our Katy office every several weeks for an adjustment, where we’ll change the tension on the wire and make sure that you’re progressing according to plan.
- You will likely feel soreness for a day or two after your adjustment, but it will subside.
- When treatment is complete, we’ll remove the braces, leaving you with a beautifully straight smile!
Cost of Traditional Braces
In general, traditional braces are the most affordable treatment option for straightening your teeth. Because each patient is unique and requires a customized treatment plan, estimating the cost for a “typical” case is difficult. It depends on how many brackets you need, the duration of your treatment, and how severe your misalignment is. At your consultation with Dr. Hoang, you’ll be able to receive a more accurate timeline and cost for your treatment. During that appointment, we can review your dental insurance to see if part of the cost is covered and help you understand and use your benefits to your advantage. What are you waiting for? Your perfectly aligned smile is closer than you think—just contact our office to schedule your consultation today!
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I Want a Straighter Smile I am in Pain/Had an Accident I am Unhappy with My Smile I am Anxious/Afraid of the Dentist I am Looking for a Dentist for My Child I am Missing 1 or More Teeth I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed View Our Services